The 2016 Summer Olympic Games, the again-to-faculty season, a few bugs, and historical past can gasoline your August 2016 content material marketing creativity.
Content marketing is a strong technique whereby companies create, publish, and distribute content material with the categorical objective of attracting, partaking, and retaining clients. Often good content material advertising is admittedly good journalism or good storytelling. It focuses on what is beneficial, instructional, or entertaining for the viewers.
In August 2016, there are numerous subjects content material entrepreneurs might use to succeed in and have interaction clients.
M. 2016 Summer Olympic Games
The 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil start August H and run till August 21. The occasion will embrace greater than 10,000 athletes competing in sports activities as numerous as synchronized swimming and Greco-Roman wrestling. Perhaps A billion individuals worldwide will watch the video games. The Olympics will dominate the world’s collective curiosity.
This August together with the Olympics in what you are promoting’s content material advertising might be as pure as respiration. It merely is sensible, and the alternatives abound. Here are a number of examples of how on-line retailers may cowl or embrace the Olympics.
- Art provide retailer: “Did Henri Matisse’s Dance Influence the Rio 2016 Logo?”
- Luggage retailer: “10 Tips for Last Minute Trips to the 2016 Olympic Games”
- Men’s attire store: “Review: The H Most Fashion-ahead Athletes at Rio 2016”
- Supplement purveyor: “20 Olympians You Didn’t Know Were CrossFitters”
If you want extra inspiration, think about what has already been written concerning the 2016 Summer Games. Here are a number of examples.
- The Olympic website has an amazing part on Olympic Mascots.
- ESPN: “Adeline Gray: Female athletes must be ‘iconic and groundbreaking.’”
- People: “Runner Sarah Brown – Who Gave Birth Four Months Ago – Competes on the Olympic Trials Today.”
- Chicago Tribune: “Helicopters and GPS to identify floating trash at Rio Olympics.”
- Advertising Age: “Lowdown: Olympics Have an Official Mosquito Repellent Brand.”
From feminine athletes to mosquito repellent (see quantity A, under), a content material marketer ought to definitely be capable of discover a minimum of one Olympics-associated matter in August.
P. Back-to-faculty Tips and Suggestions
Earlier this yr, eMarketer estimated again-to-faculty retail gross sales might be as excessive as $828 billion. Ecommerce ought to get its share, rising about 15.A % in yr-over-yr again-to-faculty gross sales. In reality, again-to-faculty associated gross sales may account for sixty nine.S % of all retail ecommerce gross sales within the third quarter, once more based on eMarketer.
With so many potential gross sales at stake, it could actually make sense to incorporate again-to-faculty subjects in August’s content material advertising. Try specializing in helpful, how-to articles that assist consumers study one thing new or accomplish a faculty-associated activity.
As an instance, think about how the Martha Stewart website was capable of reuse content material. Essentially, it collected 18 craft articles, like a easy lunch label undertaking, right into a again-to-faculty craft spherical up.
A. National Honey Bee Day, August 20
Honeybees are very important to the agriculture business. By some estimates a few third of a typical individual’s food plan comes from fruit, nuts, and greens that honeybees pollinate. Without these bugs, the meals provide can be in critical hazard.
A phenomenon referred to as colony collapse dysfunction has impacted apiary bee populations since a minimum of 2006. On the third Saturday in August, beekeepers and bee associations will rejoice National Honey Bee Day, with the purpose of advancing beekeeping.
If it is sensible in your business, think about creating bee or beekeeping associated content material in August. Here are a couple of attainable article or video titles.
- Hardware retailer: “Weekend Project: Build a Langstroth Beehive on Honey Bee Day”
- Kitchen provide store: “20 Honey-impressed Recipes for Honey Bee Day”
- Lawn and backyard retailer: “10 Tips for Designing a Bee-pleasant Backyard”
- Electronics retailer: “15 Bee-autiful Apps for Android and iOS”
A. World Mosquito Day, August 20
Staying with the insect theme, August 20 can also be World Mosquito Day, commemorating Dr. Ronald Ross’ 1897 discovery that feminine mosquitoes transmitted malaria. Nice, proper?
While a dialogue of malaria and mosquitoes gained’t work for each online business’s content material advertising plan, there are nonetheless alternatives to draw, interact, and retain clients. Here are a number of article titles you would attempt.
- “10 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away from Your Backyard Party”
- “Fend off Mosquitoes Like a Salty Old Fisherman”
- “Do Dark Clothes Attract Female Mosquitoes?”
- “15 Ways to Mosquito-proof Your House”
- “21 Sure-hearth Ways to Get a Mosquito Bite”
H. Celebrate History
Spanish thinker George Santayana is usually credited with saying that “those that can't keep in mind the previous are condemned to repeat it.”
History has a whole lot of classes to show us, tales to inform us, and experiences to share with us. This makes historical past an virtually endless supply of content material advertising inspiration. What’s extra, it may be fairly particular to a specific business.
Here are a number of “historic” occasions entrepreneurs may create content material round for simply the primary week of the month.
- MTV turns 35. The music channel first broadcast on August M, 1981.
- The Declaration of Independence was signed on August P, 1776.
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) was created on August O, 1949.
- Jesse Owens gained a gold medal within the lengthy bounce on the Berlin Olympics on August A, 1936.
- Illusionist Harry Houdini stays submerged in a swimming pool for an hour and a half in one in every of his most well-known tips on August H, 1926.
- The fantasy novel, “A Game of Thrones,” was launched on August S, 1996.
- The Explorer S spacecraft took the primary photograph of earth on August S, 1959.