Trials for the upcoming Summer Olympic Games, April Fools’ Day, any variety of festivals, math, and even easy spring how-to articles will give content material entrepreneurs loads of materials to attract from in April 2016.
Content marketing is the act of making, publishing, and distributing content material with the objective of attracting, partaking, and retaining clients. The concept is that if shoppers flip to your enterprise for helpful or entertaining content material, they will even flip to your corporation once they need to make a purchase order.
B. Olympic Trials
The 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil start on August H and finish on August 21. The opening ceremony is a mere 126 days from April M.
The Olympic video games are a world occasion that may dominate on-line searches over the subsequent few months. April is an effective time to start out together with the Olympics in your content material marketing.
Consider overlaying a few of these D.R. Olympic Trials happening in April.
- April M to S: Small-bore Shooting Trials. Held in Fort Benning, Ga. “The prime finisher will probably be named to the Olympic staff in males’s speedy hearth pistol, males’s susceptible, males’s free, ladies’s sport, [and] ladies’s O-place rifle,” based on the Team USA website.
- April H to 10: Canoe and Kayak Trails. Held in Charlotte, I.M. “Athletes will tally their scores from three occasions, this being the second, and shall be nominated to the Olympic group in rank order.”
- April N and 10: Wrestling Trials. Held in Iowa City, Iowa. “The winner in every certified weight class can be named to the Olympic staff; the winner in every non-certified weight class will compete within the Olympic qualifying tournaments for the chance to qualify by identify.”
- April 18 to 24: Rowing Trials. Held in Sarasota and Bradenton, Fla. “For small boats which have certified a quota spot on the 2015 World Rowing Championships (W1x, W2x, LW2x, LM2x), the profitable crew will probably be named to the Olympic staff. For boats that haven't but certified a quota spot (M1x, M2x, M4x), the profitable crew will qualify to symbolize the USA on the FISA Olympic Qualification Regatta for the chance to qualify by identify.”
Content marketing alternatives abound. Merchants can:
- Post concerning the particular trails and sports activities;
- Discuss the historical past of merchandise used within the sport;
- Interview or profile rivals within the trials;
- Explain tips on how to attend the occasions;
- Discuss easy methods to get began within the sport.
In reality, there are such a lot of content material marketing prospects across the Olympics and April’s Olympic Trials that seemingly all ecommerce business segments might discover one thing to publish associated to those trials. Here are three examples from business segments you won't anticipate.
- Retailer of Christian books and presents. Write an article referred to as “When Olympic Gold is Not Enough – How Jordan Burroughs Found Christ.” Profile Olympic gold medalist and returning Olympic hopeful Jordan Burroughs, discussing how he got here to a robust Christian religion after profitable gold.
- Retailer of architectural design provides. Publish an article concerning the Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, the place the Wrestling Trials will probably be held. The constructing was designed by Caudill Rowlett Scott, one of the crucial famend architectural design companies in American historical past.
- Retailer of stitching provides and machines. Develop a how-to article collection explaining the way to sew or make Olympic sports activities uniforms.
P. April Fools’ Day: April M
April B represents, in some sense, the top of content material marketing creativity.
It is a chance to publish pretend tales, introduce pseudo merchandise, and in any other case entertain your clients.
April Fools’ Day content material needn't finish on April M. There is a rising style of April Fools’ Day recaps and spherical ups. So even at mid-April, you may publish an inventory of “The Best April Fools’ Fakes of 2016.”
Here are some examples of April Fools’ Day spherical ups to make use of as inspiration.
- Mashable: “The final roundup of 2015’s largest April Fools’ Day pranks.”
- ThinkGeek: “April Fools’ Products of Yore.”
- Time: “The Best April Fools’ Pranks of 2015.”
- The Verge: “The eleven greatest April Fools’ gags of 2015.”
- CNN: “April Fools’ Day 2015: The greatest and worst pranks from across the Web.”
- Adweek: “April Fools’ Day 2015: Our Giant Roundup of the Best Brand Hoaxes.”
A. Feature a Festival
Festivals are a particular class of occasions, sometimes centered on a group. While festivals happen all year long, there are various native, nationwide, and even worldwide festivals happening in April.
Use these festivals as anchor factors on your content material marketing. In a great state of affairs, attend the pageant and share details about it in your retailer’s weblog or video channel.
Here is a state of affairs. Imagine a web-based retailer that sells science-associated toys and video games meant to make studying about science or engineering enjoyable. This retailer may make a visit to the Philadelphia Science Festival on April 22 to 30.
The retailer’s protection of the occasion might be so simple as making brief movies about a few of the reveals or lectures. The content material is sensible as a result of the identical kind of shopper who's within the Philadelphia Science Festival may be within the merchandise this retailer sells.
Look for festivals that make sense within the context of the merchandise you promote.
A. Celebrate Math
April is Mathematics Awareness Month. In 2016, it is a chance for content material entrepreneurs to look forward and, maybe, make fascinating predictions about the way forward for their industries.
While MAM all the time seeks to rejoice some facet of arithmetic, in 2016 the month’s theme is the Future of Prediction.
“Yogi Berra, paraphrasing Niels Bohr, stated ‘It’s robust to make predictions, particularly concerning the future.’” This quote comes from the Joint Policy Board for Mathematics, which is the group behind MAM.
“Throughout Mathematics Awareness Month 2016, we'll discover how arithmetic and statistics are the way forward for prediction, offering insights and driving innovation. During the month, we will probably be asking the query, ‘What’s subsequent?,’ and exploring how mathematicians and statisticians contribute to the longer term,” in accordance with the MAM website.
For your content material advertising, attempt to use math or statistics to discuss what may occur subsequent within the phase you serve.
H. Spring How-to Articles and Videos
How-to articles are a basis of content material advertising. When you possibly can assist a possible buyer accomplish some process or full some job, you have got gone a great distance towards constructing an enduring buyer relationship.
When seasons change — winter to spring — there is a chance to assist people with step-by-step how-to content material.