Need to improve website visitors and have interaction potential clients in February 2019? Contemplate creating articles, movies, and podcasts that entertain, inform, and simply plain assist out.
Content material marketing is the act of making, publishing, and distributing content material with the objective of attracting, partaking, and retaining clients. Content material marketing works greatest when the articles or movies you make are helpful, informative, or entertaining.
In a way, content material marketing makes use of rules of persuasion, similar to authority, likeability, shortage, and reciprocity. Accomplished properly, content material marketing will interact prospects and enhance search engine marketing.
However typically it’s onerous to know what to put in writing about. Listed here are 5 content material marketing concepts that you need to use for your small business in February 2019.
1. Use Wikipedia
Regardless of what number of weblog posts or articles you’ve written, there are all the time methods to enhance your composition expertise. Because of this, regardless of having written and revealed a number of thousand articles, I began taking the “Malcolm Gladwell Teaches Writing” course from MasterClass.
An train from the fourth chapter of that class impressed this primary content material marketing concept for February 2019. Right here is your problem.
Go to a random Wikipedia article utilizing Wiki Roulette. The “Subsequent” button will assist you to step by means of random articles till you discover one which pursuits you. Learn that Wikipedia article utterly, following essential hyperlinks to study extra concerning the matter.
Then make an inventory of the way this Wikipedia article may relate to the business your small business serves or subjects that would appeal to guests to your website. Use your record to compose an article, weblog publish, or comparable content material.
I used this technique to create an article about entrepreneur Edwin Perkins. Perkins had a reasonably profitable enterprise with a delivery drawback. His answer resulted in Kool-Assist, top-of-the-line-recognized beverage mixes in America. I assumed his story could be of curiosity to ecommerce enterprise house owners and managers, so I wrote about him.
For extra concepts, I clicked by means of a couple of dozen random Wikipedia articles on the lookout for attainable connections to ecommerce and retail companies. Listed here are two examples.
- Lakewood Speedway. First opened in 1917 as a website for agricultural festivals, Lakewood Speedway would go on to host tons of of vehicle races, together with the 1959 NASCAR Grand Nationwide Championship when Richard Petty gained his first NASCAR title. A web-based retailer promoting NASCAR-licensed or vehicle-associated merchandise ought to be capable of discover a connection.
- The Recreation. You’ve simply misplaced. The very act of studying (and subsequently considering) concerning the Recreation pressured your defeat. Invented both out of boredom or as an try and thwart recreation principle, the Recreation has few guidelines. First, to play, don’t take into consideration the Recreation. For those who do give it some thought, announce that you've misplaced. Saying so on social media will do. After a loss, you've gotten a couple of minutes to overlook concerning the Recreation. Everybody on the planet is enjoying and can proceed to play the Recreation till the UK’s Prime Minister broadcasts on tv that “the Recreation is up.” Peculiar, proper? This matter ought to make a very good article for on-line recreation retailers, geek-themed ecommerce shops, and outlets targeted on popular culture.
2. Pillar Web page
Some savvy content material entrepreneurs have begun organizing their content material and search engine marketing round matter clusters.
This strategy to search engine optimization and content material advertising acknowledges that search engines like google and yahoo have turn out to be refined sufficient to know semantic relationships. Thus, Google and different serps could possibly affiliate associated key phrase phrases and comprehend subjects.
On the middle of a subject cluster is a pillar web page. This pillar content material must be a few of the greatest obtainable on a specific matter.
For instance, a web-based males’s clothes store may need to rank properly for the subject “males’s informal style.” That retailer might then create “The Final Information to Males’s Informal Style,” describing every little thing from the perfect materials for a pair of males’s joggers to out there types of males’s informal footwear.
Supporting weblog posts and subtopic pages would all hyperlink again to the pillar web page. When you make use of this strategy, use February to evaluation and replace your pillar content material. The very act of updating might spark artistic concepts for extra posts and articles. If matter clusters are new to you, do a little bit of analysis and create your first pillar.
three. Black Historical past Month
The USA first celebrated Black Historical past Month in February 1970, after members of the Black United College students at Kent State College had proposed increasing Negro Historical past Week (which began in 1926) to a month-lengthy remembrance.
Six years later, in the course of the American bicentennial, Gerald Ford turned the primary president to acknowledge Black Historical past Month. It has since grow to be well-liked in america and expanded to Canada, the UK, and the Netherlands.
In your firm’s February 2019 content material advertising, have fun the contributions that African-People have made to your business. Profile inventors, entrepreneurs, and leaders from the black group. Listed here are a number of examples.
- Tactical gear retailers resembling Military Navy Gross sales, Army 1st, and Military Navy Outdoor, might profile Garrett Morgan whose many innovations included a “security hood” that turned the prototype for the World Conflict I fuel masks.
- Lighting and residential enchancment outlets comparable to Lumens Mild and Dwelling, Lamps Plus, and Construct.com may write about Lewis Howard Latimer, who, together with Joseph Nichols, patented an improved carbon filament mild bulb and later improved carbon filament manufacturing. His contributions have been very important to the fashionable lighting business.
- Hair product retailers together with shops comparable to Sephora, Tub & Physique Works, or Koils By Nature might write about Madam C. J. Walker, who was a cosmetics business pioneer and “one of many first American ladies to develop into a self-made millionaire,” in line with Biography.
four. ‘Look-again’ Article
Take any occasion, pop-tradition development, or murals associated to the merchandise your small business sells and create a “look-again” submit.
A glance-again article (or podcast or video) evaluations one thing from the previous, including a perspective that solely time and distance can create. The article might generate lengthy-tail visitors to your website. These new guests can then study about your retailer and its merchandise.
Learn Colin Biggs’ article “20 Years Later, ‘The Recreation’ Is Nonetheless David Fincher’s Most Underrated Film” from ScreenCrush. Biggs wrote the submit in September 2017 as a 20-yr take a look at the movie’s unique launch in 1997. Think about how an organization that sells film memorabilia or licensed film merchandise might use a publish like Biggs’. Might you do one thing like this for your corporation?
5. Buyer Movies
“We search for and act on (even when subconsciously) social proof in all areas our life — together with how we behave and the buying selections we make on-line,” wrote Sujan Patel in a June 2017 Content material Advertising Institute article about buyer testimonials.
“It doesn’t matter if that social proof comes from buddies or strangers. What issues is that we’re seeing proof from our friends — on this context, different shoppers — that the choice we’re about to make is the suitable one.”
For February 2019, create buyer movies to put in your website. As Patel suggests, these movies ought to set new consumers comfy, serving to them really feel snug about shopping for from your small business. The movies might embrace a testimonial on behalf of your merchandise or a function that spotlights your clients.
For inspiration, take a look at Alameda Hearth Division’s GORUCK story and video.
Bonus: Valentine’s Day
February 14 is Valentine’s Day, possible an important retail occasion within the month. Any record of content material advertising concepts for February ought to no less than point out the vacation. However, I've coated Valentine’s Day extensively in earlier content material advertising concept articles.
So take a look at final February’s content material advertising concepts, which included options round Valentine’s Day present guides, love tales, and Valentine’s Day details and historical past.
And listed here are “5 Information You Don’t Know About Valentine’s Day” from Good Legendary Extra.